Reading 1 - overview
Chp. 1 - relationship with money Chp. 2 - loss prevention Chp. 3 - test and split-test Chp. 4 - folow up Chp. 5 - multiple customer value with a “ladder” or “acension pyramid”
- customers stay longer when they are climbing from level to level
- get a customer engaged and committed to getting to a goal
How? bundling of goods/services, greater access to the guru, exclusivity, status in the community, status outside the community (e.g. a prestigious accredidation, partnership or affiliation).
Chp. 6 - raising prices Chp. 7 - “Place Strategy” (both geographic and virtual) Chp. 8 - Metrics = Sales Chp. 9 - Understand and manage ROAS “return on ad spend” Chp. 10 - FOUND MONEY MAP
Looks like a good framework and checklist for evaluating a business and it’s potential to increase profits.
Reading 1 - overview
chp 1. -
find who you want to be your customer and get them to respond in a specific way
don’t waste effort on branding, image, etc.
YOUR agenda: “sell something now!”
separate yourself from the competition with unique selling proposition (who choose you?)
- what do you do that’s different from competitors?
- how you do uniquely benefit your market?
- can you niche your target market in a way no one else can/will?
chp 2. - why marketing fails
marketing to wrong people, saying wrong things, asking them to do the wrong things, thinking you can advertise anywhere/everywhere, no marketing system, chasing clients, thinking you have a Fortune 500 budget, competing on price, no follow up,
start by knowing WHO you are trying to reach
chp 3. - attract instead of chase
make marketing #1
focus on needs and dreams of you target customers
understand your customers and change USP to give them exactly what they want
stop doing what everyone else is doing
chp 4. - do direct marketing, make sure ad spend is profitable
not a 3/4 inch drill a 3/4 inch hole
connecting to the real underlying desire (e.g. lists in Cashvertising)
chp 5. - principles
message, market, media
lead gen offers
direct purchase or final offer
chp 6. - 10 foundational rules
- There will always be an offer
- There will be a reason to respond right now
- You will give clear instructions
- There will be tracking, measurement and accountability
- Only no-cost brand building
- There will be follow up
- There will be strong copy
- It will look like mail-order advertising
- Results rule. Period.
- Be tough-minded and disciplined, make sure the business sticks to the rules 100%
chp 7. - the system / Lead Generation Magnet
- ads, etc. to send traffic to lead gen magnet
chp 8. - conversion system
- some ideas that can be used for conversion
- develop your own system to convert leads
chp 9. - retention
- what can you do that is remarkable, that makes people HAVE to tell others about you?
chp 10. - applying the system
- get endorsements